Wednesday, February 28, 2007

We Are Okay!

I am not sure how to respond to being pregnant and having cancer. I am in search of information ... women who have been in the same or similar situation. It is hard to find, but I am finding them and they are out there. There is information ... not as much as there should be, but it is there if you look for it. And trust me, I am looking. I have already met some wonderful new people from this experience. My "support woman" Katie is my one-woman-resource who has two beautiful babies after being pregnant with cancer. My courageous cousin, Sonia, has always been an inspiration to me for her strength and bravery, and without fail, she is helping me tackle this a day at a time.

This blog thing is new to me ... I hope it will serve as a source to keep me connected with all of you. I am happy to share news on my treatment and our baby and think that this might be easier than mulling through emails and voicemails over the next few months. Don't get me wrong, I love all the calls and messages, but this is my way of sharing my story with you all. Thank you for listening.

We are okay. We love your prayers. Please keep them coming, but please do not worry. We will be fine and we will win this one. Today, our baby's heartbeat was 150 beats per minute! We are okay and life is good.

7 comments:

  1. Hi James!! I'm glad to read you’re doing Okay :) I'm excited to hear baby's heartbeat is fast & strong!! Sounds like a mini baseball heart rate.
    I know for me and Jason this has really opened our eyes and I hope you and Rigo know just say the word and we will do anything we can for you guys...yes that means even take care of your cat!!! I can't guarantee Duke won’t try to eat her but I’m sure she has a feisty defense.
    Next time your over visiting we will have to go check out the wig shop...I park in front of the store when I take Duke for his haircut and they have a huge display...so now is your chance to see yourself blonde or even as a red head...Watch out!!
    Well I love this idea of your Blog and as always we love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie, wow you were quick to get this blog up and running. Whenever I vision your baby, I think of a girl. I had a feeling about my sister's and that came true, well, not really until next week when she arrives and we can see for sure. Greg has a basketball game Thursday night, I'll see if I can finally meet your cousin. I have some engagement picts to send you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep starting to write this and then delete it because I don't know if I am saying the right thing...Jamie you are, and always have been, one of the strongest people I have ever known. You have accomplished EVERYTHING you put your mind to: ASB President, finishing college at warp speed, not to mention getting through law school, working as a DA. There is no doubt in my mind that you will beat this. Congrats to Rigo and you on the baby too. That child is soo lucky to have you two as their mommmy and daddy. Scott and I are pregnant too, we are due in September. At some point our kids will have to meet...To date, I have had five lumps removed from the same breast. Every year I donate to Susan G Korman and I take part in the Relay for Life Cancer Walk. There are so many organizations out there trying to find new treatements and new alternatives. I know, deep in my heart, that they will find a way to get you through this as fast as they can. Rigo, the baby and you are in my prayers. If there is anything, anything at all, that I can do for you or your family, please ask. I am always here if you need me, 209-609-8500. Each morning I check your blog and then my email...you are in my heart...Alicia (Lowry) Biedermann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jamie. I just heard the news after talking to Vic. Of course, first thoughts were of sadness, but then I thought of how strong you have been througout your life. For all of the times you, Vic, Mike, and I had wars, running throughout your house with hairspray, waterguns, shaving cream or anything else we could get a hand on, you always held your own. You always battled and always came through and I know this will be no different. Also, congratulations to you and Rigo. You will be such great parents. Whether it is a girl or boy, I'm sure he/she will be a very smart, all-around athlete!! Take care. My heart and prayers are with you. If you need anything, I'm only an hour away.
    Love, Sean

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jamie, this is Sean's mom. First congratulations on the baby. And you are now on my prayer list. I've also added your family to the list. I can only imagine how your mom is, I know how I would be cuz after all, all of you are our Babies. I know in my heart you will come through this with flying colors. I am reading your blog and I can see what a strong woman you have grown to be. Probably due to growing up with Vic, Mike and all the guys. Tell your family hi and I am here for you anytime.
    Love and prayers, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  7. James!
    You are an incredible woman! You have such a strong spirit, a loving heart, and an amazing mind, just what someone in your situation needs to fight cancer while nurturing a baby. I know some days will be super tough and you'll forget just how many wonderful gifts you have, but that's why you have so many friends and family to remind you and love you. Take one day at a time, my friend. And don't forget to ask for help. It sounds like you have a ton of people right there just waiting for the opportunity to provide it. And if you're down here visiting your dad, please let me know.
    Love you!!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete