On February 26th, this Monday, I began chemotherapy. So much information is being sent our way and so much of it goes right out the other end. My treatment plan changed ... and I would be surprised if it changed again down the road.
I am taking three drugs - FAC. I will have chemo for 5 1/2 months. My schedule is "on 2 weeks, off 1 week." So, I went this Monday, I will go next Monday, and get the third Monday off before starting the cycle all over. On 2, off 1. The doctor indicated I will lose all of my hair within 9 to 21 days, but most people lose their hair within 14 days. Oy vey. But my life is good. I remember. I see it ... I see the wonderful people that are in my life. I get messages all the time from angels I have met over the years sending prayers to Dear God for my baby and me. I have a wonderful husband, home and dog! My parents and brothers and in-laws are on my side and we are all fighting this battle together. I have a good life. I know I do.
Chemo lasted about 4 hours on Monday. It won't always be that long. It was okay. I mean ... I felt it ... the medicine in my veins. I was fine though ... really hot to be honest. I was burning up. I never know now if I am experiencing a pregnancy symptom or a cancer symptom ... I think the hotness was cancer. I have felt good Monday and Tuesday, but come 6pm, I am out like a light ... which is a blessing because sleep is hard to come by lately.
This morning I had my first bout with nausea, but it was nothing more than a hearty hangover. Life is good ... I remember. The doctor and nurses warned us that day 4 after chemo is the most difficult, so we here at the Ledezma home are all bearing down for tomorrow ... big chemo-release date! I have my knee pillow handy and ready.
hi Jamie
ReplyDeleteI see your keeping yourself busy and you now have this very cool blog. a great way to checkin and see how you are doing. Your mom is doing a great job giving us all updates on your condition. I think about you every single day and what u are going through. You sound so incredibly strong gilr . I admire u for that. It sounds like you have such incredible support.iLL PRAY FOR U TODAY i KNOW TODAY IS DAY #4 LOVE YA YOUR CUZ STEPHIE