Friday, April 20, 2007

I Can't Sleep ... And Life Couldn't Be Better!

Yep, I am wide-awake right now, but I couldn't be any happier! (Little side note: Thank you God for another day, night, morning ... whatever time this gosh-awful hour is considered.)

I couldn't be any happier and had to run to turn on the computer to share with you all, since it is not a decent hour to call my mom or dad. I am ecstatic, not by having to take my now-routine bathroom break in the middle of the night (which I love now ... baby sign), but because I am certain I just felt our little champ kicking away at my belly! I couldn't be any more proud of my little miracle boy! : )

The realities of sleepless-pregnancy nights are beginning to take shape, but I truly could not be any happier right now! In all honesty, I was beginning to get a little nervous, even though the docs told me not too. I mean, I am now 25 weeks pregnant (Mom ... that is a little over 6 months) and I wasn't feeling anything ... until 25 minutes ago!!!! I felt the champ kick in the exact spot the doctor suggested I would feel him (yeah, maybe a little suggestibility). And this time it was different. Before, I would get sharp quick pains on my left side ... even a nurse suggested that those sharp pains on the left may be the baby. I so know now those pains were clearly gas! This time I know it, it is not gas, this is my baby! Our baby ... our little miracle guy ... he has been through 3 complete rounds of chemotherapy and I feel his kicks! I am so very proud of him! Way to go kiddo! My sister-in-law, Monica, was right when she told me "you will just know" when you feel him. I know now, I know at 2:30 in the morning, and I am so very happy.

Today is a good day. We are okay. We are better than okay. Baby is kicking and this mama couldn't be more proud!

5 comments:

  1. Your mom and I work together! I just wanted to say that I think you are truly an inspiration for so many people here. As a girl who knows somewhat the feelings that you are having, I really think you are in a great place in your heart, mind, and soul! I have two boys and I can tell you that you have a long road ahead of you but it will always be eventful...raising boys is a special opportunity! Believe me one day you will look back on all of this and say Life really is good! take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jamie,

    I'm so excited for you, there is nothing as amazing as feeling life inside you. Pregnancy is the most amazing adventure, I loved everything about it. Enjoy every minute it goes by so fast.
    God bless you guys

    Love ya Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! So happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby boy ROCKS! I can't wait to see him..... does this mean I can touch your stomach if he is kicking???? HAHAHA, love you James!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey little mama! Happy Mothers Day!

    Did you have a great day? Just think, this time next year you'll have one of those plaster of paris handprint thingees for your office.

    Sorry I haven't written lately. Things have been hectic! I think of you all the time, though! I'll write soon. Lunch again soon?

    :0) Lara

    PS: The boy stuff at Nordstrom Rack stinks. Don't bother.

    ReplyDelete