
Sorry it has taken awhile to post about the Race for the Cure held here in Fresno on October 24th at Fresno State. To sum up the race, it was AWESOME!
In support of Susan G. Komen, the Clovis East Baseball Team put together a Race for the Cure Team of high school baseball players, their siblings, parents, friends, teachers, their families, neighbors and more joined our team. In total, our CE BASEBALL TEAM & FRIENDS had 42 team members come out to run or walk in the 5k! We had a pretty cool tailgate spot for our team members to congregate and meet up to munch on muffins, bananas and to paint their hair pink! The coolest part was that our team (with the help of so many of YOU reading my blog) won 3rd Place for the most money raised by a school at more than $1,425!
Rigo and I were touched by everyone who showed up so early on their Saturday morning to walk/run in support of a cause so close to home! Rigo and I also are blown away by the generosity of the many friends, family members and coworkers who donated to our family, our team and our team members! Finally, Rigo and I would like to say a very special thank you to the Kuber Family. Chris Kuber is a graduate of CE and former baseball player. The Kubers were out there on Saturday to support our team and the cause; both which are very special to them as it is to the Ledezma's!
As for our performance, Rigo did awesome in the 5k run. After the men's run, I carried myself along the course, huffing and puffing, with all my might! It was a great run! My girlfriends were out there on the course and while I didn't run with them step-by-step, I was inspired knowing they were out there running for a cure! In the end, my time was 27:26, which is a personal best for me and earned me a 3rd Place Finish Among Survivors for the second year in a row! Whoot, whoot! I am mighty proud of that accomplishment. To sit back and think that a that same race, just two years ago, I could NOT walk the 1-mile course with my battered, weak, chemo-riddled body which still bore the stitches from my bilateral mastectomy. Wow. If you told me that two years later, I would be beating my personal best runs and placing, I would have never dreamt it possible!
Life is good. Life is mighty good. I run for life. I run for Rigo. I run for Blake. I run for my life. Life is good.
Click here to view these pictures larger
No comments:
Post a Comment