On Friday, Rigo and I arrived home from Cancun at 4am and made it to the hospital by 8am for my hysterectomy. We had a fabulous time on vacation, but sure missed the little one. We came home tanned and ready to go for surgery!
Surgery was pretty smooth for me. It took a little longer than anticipated, so I think that always worry Rigo and my Dad in the waiting room, but I could care less since asleep is asleep. The surgeon was able to perform the total hysterectomy of ovaries, tubes, cervix and uterus via laproscopic, so my pain and recovery is much more bearable than a full incision. I have two small incisions in my lower abdomen and one made through my bellybutton. They really are barely noticeable and held together by a type of medical glue.
Today is three days out and I finally had my first shower - like paradise at home! : ) We wanted to make sure the glued stayed in tact.
The pain on the day of surgery was terrible! It was pretty world rocking considering my other surgeries and we stayed in the hospital one night. My nausea is the hardest part to manage more so than the pain. As of today though, I am doing MUCH, much better and spending most days and nights resting in bed and around the house. I hope to be up on my feet by the end of the week. My appetite has picked back up and brownies are always welcomed! : )
Thank you all for your messages of love and support and your visits and calls to cheer me up and keep my mind off of the magnitude of this journey! Life is good!
No comments:
Post a Comment