My life was good. And it still is. And I don't expect anything less, despite the devasting news that I have cancer. The battle is on and I intend to fight with everything I have. No turning back. If not for me, for my husband, for my son.
Saturday, September 6, 2008
Going Strong ...
Curls, curls and more curls. My curls are going strong. No indication whatsoever of my hair straightening out. I have chemo curl. Along with my battlefield wounds that I ever so proudly wear on my chest, my curls serve as my daily reminder that breast cancer has made a profound impact on my life. Because of cancer, I have learned to appreciate my curls, curls and more curls as if they were made of gold. While not my choice of hairstyle, I have a head FULL of black curls. It is such an interesting conflict. I really do hate my hairstyle and the "in between" stage that I'll be in for the next two years, but I REALLY, REALLY do love my hair. Does that make sense? I love it. I love washing my hair in the morning and the suds from the shampoo. I love that for the last week, I have had to use a towel to pat dry my hair and I just bought a blow dry to zap my hair in the morning. I love that I can run my fingers through my hair and my fingers get stuck making their way through the maze of curls. I hate my hairstyle, but oh, how I love my hair. Yes, I believe hair is overrated, but how I love my hair.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment