Monday was my worst day this week. I left chemo and had lunch (alfredo is a stay-away post-chemo for now on) and had to run home immediately to pop some anti-nausea meds and climb into bed. I was on the verge of getting sick, but the meds are fantastic and I quickly fell asleep waking up several hours later. Rigo, his mom and his stepdad took me to chemo. Rigo left for baseball after making sure I was tucked in and his mom and stepdad knew how to work our remote controls. Tiki, my baby girl (my dog) is such a good sport and slept with me all afternoon. Linda and Mike spent the day with me making sure I was okay before my mom got to town to take over. Thanks Linda and Mike. Rigo and I appreciate your help and the lasagna.
My mom planned on covering this week. My dear, dear parents are doing so much to help Rigo and I. The are helping keep my house in order, dog in line and me in good spirits. My mom and her fantastic job arranged for her to spend the week with me. Most of the week, I have been okay, but the main pest are these headaches and migraines I have been getting. I am fine with the baby, the cancer and the chemo ... it's just these dang headaches. They keep me up at night, I wake up with them and I'll get them in the middle of the day. The linger around and never seem to go away ... ugh! Needless to say, Mom couldn't have come in any more handy this week. In my "I still feel like I am 14 years old" kind of way, I love having my mom and dad around. Not so sure if Rigo feels the same, but he is definitely a good sport! : ) Not to mention, my mom was here the day Rigo and I found out we were having a baby boy and she and I spent the day scouring baby stores for the rest of the day! That was just the best ... I loved every second of yesterday! Especially the part when we came home and something possessed my mom to bake 9 dozens of chocolate chip cookies for us ... I had no idea what was going on! A) My mom does not cook or bake. I am her daughter and I can proudly say, I also do not cook or bake. And B) My mom does not cook or bake. Her rationale was that she can't make it into town for two weeks and wanted to make sure I had enough of my favorite cookies. Hilarious ... 9 dozen people ... really, 9 dozen. I love you Mom and thank you for this week. (And Dad, we love you too. We can't wait to have you back shortly.)
In connection with finding out we are having a boy, Rigo and I met with a high-risk pregnancy doctor yesterday. That appointment was what attributed to my "best day yet." This doctor was amazing ... sensititve, real, interested and most of all, experienced with my type of situation. I will be visiting her every two weeks to get progess reports of baby. This in no way is necessary ... baby is doing great. I requested more frequent consultations with her to ease my own concerns following chemo treatments. Although not necessary, she said she completely understood what the psychological effects of having cancer and being pregnant are and would be happy to see me weekly so be it. Love her ... Angel!
I have an appointment on Monday with my oncologist for an exam and to check by WBC levels. I was fine this week. The blood work did show the chemo has made me anemic, but whatev's ... that it like a hang-nail at this point. Otherwise, I am open for lunch next week people! : )
Cycle number two begins on March 19th ... ugh. On March 12th, it will be one month since I found my lump. If any of you haven't already done so, you can use that day, Monday, the 12th to do your own Self-Breast Exam. It truly is the best tool to dectection ladies.
Rigo and I are going to Stanford on March 22nd to meet with a breast cancer specialist/researcher and we will see from there where that appointment takes us. In the meantime, I will be arranging an appointment for my genetic testing to get nail this breast cancer thing down. If anything, I think the genetic testing will be a pretty interesting part of this whole ordeal.
Dearest family and friends, I am sure I will say this many times over the next year, but thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your thoughts, prayers, the messages, calls, flowers and support. Rigo, baby and I enjoy hearing from you all and we cannot tell you how much the thoughts and prayers mean to us. We have only just begun this journey and would appreciate your thoughts and prayers throughout the course of my treatment and baby's journey. We are okay. I have a wonderful life and I have no intention of it being anything less. Please do not worry or feel any sadness for us. We are okay, truly okay.
And we are having a baby boy! Life is good.
Yeah!!! Joaquin is super excited as we are too that you're having a BOY!! The beginning of the 'Team' is underway!! hip hip horary. OK you can tell I hang out with a 3 month old tooo much. I might be jumping the gun but should I start to book our Disney Land vacations??? I have never been so when we all go and take the new group of little ones it should be a blast!! With 3 boys to look after their Ray's little girl I don't think we have much to worry about.
ReplyDeleteYour little guy is going to be absolutely beautiful and the moment he gazes at you....you will be in love forever and always. Ok im crying now and I just put on makeup...so I'm going to go.
A lot of love, hugs, and kisses :)
-Tiff
Jamie, I love you so much and am so excited to once again be an uncle! Thank you for giving me this opportunity! Never does a second go by without your older brother thinking of you! It is now my turn to finally get to be there for you like you have done for me so much already! I am here for you Jamie, please do not forget that! Love Mikey!
ReplyDeleteI love little boys! They are SO CUTE with their moms when they are little. I am very excited for you, and excited to meet him.
ReplyDeleteJamie:
ReplyDeletegreetings from Phoenix -- it has taken me this long to remember my PW for my google account!!
Hooray to you and Rigo -- a BOY, how wonderful.
It sounds like you have wonderful caregivers at home (mom) and in the aesthetically pleasing "ROOM" (angels).
Thoughts and prayers are with you.
On another note to the ladies -- I use my birthday date to perform my exam -- soooo every 17th of the month... just a thought.
Since I am a nurse at heart -- the guys should do their testicular exams too!!! (especially the young guys)
blessings and peace
xo
Ronda
A boy! That's so wonderful. If ever you'll be in Stanford for more than a few hours, let me know, I'll come out there. When I read about you wanting to see the doctor every week, I laughed, that is soooo you! Thank you for the update. You, Rigo, and you baby are in my heart each day. Oh . . . my sister had her baby on March 14th, a girl . . . Julie Mae.
ReplyDeleteKelly