Monday, September 10, 2007

Running on Adrenaline ...

Today, after spending over 6 hours at the doctor's office, I graduated from chemo. I left with my head held high and leaving chemo has never felt better. I am so excited and can't believe today is finally here. My typical chemo-day naps are 5 hours and today I barely have an hour under my belt ... just too happy! Finally!

My dear son had the most amazing specialty red roses delivered to me at chemo ... atta boy! I think his dad and him were conspiring about it this morning ... good job Rigs! : )

Boy, Rigo's list is just getting longer and longer of the older women he keeps impressing at chemo! They kept saying how much they "liked them" and I don't think they were talking about the roses, know what I mean?! One very "established" older woman wanted to meet the lady Rigo belonged too ... I think she just wanted to size up her competition! hehehe!

Rigo, I do.

I am so happy. I never want to forget this day or the feelings associated with it. I know we must overcome a few more hurdles, but days like today make this journey seem worth it.

I have to write all of my anniversaries down, there are just too many to remember now ...

1. 2/14/07 - Diagnosis
2. 2/26/07 - Begin chemo
3. 3/24/07 - Lose da Hair
4. 7/14/07 - Baby Born
5. 9/10/07 - Finish chemo
6. 10/12/07 - Surgery
7. 1/31/o8 - Replace Expander
8. TBD - Exchange Surgery

While I look forward to the day when these events become faint memories, for now, I hold them close to my heart as my own "cancer milestones" ... feats of achievements for Blake and I to be proud of.

Thank you for taking part in our journey ... life is good.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on being done with chemo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS! YOU DID IT!!! I look forward to my last day of chemo in the near future (hopefully at the end of November). KEEP IT UP - LIFE IS GOOD!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete